- Church of San Luca Evangelista: this church is
dedicated to Saint Luke the Evangelist, the Patron of Praiano,
and is realized in Baroque style and boasts a floor
made made of XVIII century majolica. Inside there
are several wooden and silver statues, such as for example
the bust of Saint Luke. There are also some paintings of
- Marina di Praia: a beautiful beach located at the end
of a valley, among tall rocks, which in the past was
the port of the ancient Praiano. The beach is protected
by the promontory of Capo Sottile and an ancient tower.
Today boat trips leave from there with visits to the most
charming spots of the Amalfi Coast, such as the caves
of Suppraiano and Africana.
- the Suppraiano Cave: it is a spectacular natural
cave with stalactites and waterfalls which can be only
reached by sea.
- The Africana Cave: a charming natural cave near the
famous night club Africana, a night club which has been
created among the rocks.
- The Church of San Gennaro: this sacred building
is situtated in Vettica Maggiore, a hamlet of Praiano,
and was built in 1602 on a former church. The
dome is covered by majolica and inside the church keeps
- the Grado Tower: a watchtower that belonged to the ancient
system of towers built to defend the Amalfi Coast from
the Saracen incursions.
- the Gavitella Beach: this beach is different from all
the other beaches of the Amalfi Coast. From here you will
enjoy a wonderful view of Capri and Positano and swimming
you can reach the beautiful beach Marina di Praia
or dive in a natural cove situated
in a grotto called “Fontana dell'Altare” (“The
Fountain of the Altar”),
a natural “swimming
- Small chapels built by the inhabitants of Praiano
everywhere on the territory. They are decorated with majolica
and frescoes, showing the deep spirituality of these places.
- the Church Santa Maria a Castro: a charming church
once belonging to the monastery of San Domenico,
situated on the mountain S. Angelo a tre Pizzi,
perfectly immersed in the surrounding environment. It dominates
the valley boasting a wonderful view of Positano, Capri,
and Vettica Maggiore.
- Walking & trekking paths: the harsh territory
of Praiano offers many paths or staircases leading to charming
places with wonderful panoramas and represent a real
paradise for trekking lovers. The lack of roads protected
this unspoiled nature from mass tourism.